Pupil Premium Funding
The Pupil Premium is additional funding received by schools for each pupil from disadvantaged families or background. It is allocated to schools based on the number of children who come from low-income families – this is defined as those who are currently known to be eligible for free school meals. It is important to know that a pupil does not need to have a school dinner, but the parents / carers must have applied and be entitled if they wanted one.
It also includes:
- Pupils who have been eligible for free school meals at any point in the last six years (EVER6).
- Children who have been looked after continuously for more than six months or have been adopted.
- Children whose parents are serving in the armed forces.
“It is for schools to decide how the Pupil Premium, allocated to schools per FSM pupil, is spent, since they are best placed to assess what additional provision should be made for the individual pupils within their responsibility.”
Source - DfE website
The Pupil Premium at Chalford Hill
Pupil Premium funding allows us to continue and extend what we already do - to monitor children's progress and to give additional support when required. Funding may be put towards the cost of providing one or more of the following:
Free School Meals
Free school meals are available to some children according to family income. It’s important to register for entitlement to free school meals, even if your child has a packed lunch – this is so we can receive additional funding (Pupil Premium) which we can use to help your child.
Children are entitled to Free School Meals if their parents, carers or guardians receive any of the following:
- Income support
- Income based job seekers allowance
- Guarantee pension credit
- Child Tax Credit, but not Working Tax Credit, and an annual income lower than the limit set by the Government
- Working Tax Credit Run On because you have ceased work or reduced your working hours to less than 16 per week.
To apply for Free School Meals, contact the school office or download the FSM Application Form
Further information on Pupil Premium:
Link: Pupil Premium